Welcome to Continium! Please take a moment to read these special guidelines for a safe and responsible visit. We kindly request you to follow these guidelines and wish you a pleasant visit!
We are open again for visitors: Tuesday to Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm. Buy your entrance ticket for yourself and members of your household all at once.
Consider the following rules when visiting:
- Wearing a mouth mask is mandatory.
- Do not leave your home if you do not feel well. We welcome visitors as long as they and their relatives have not had any medical complaints at least 24 hours prior to their visit. We implement the RIVM (cf. NHS) guidelines:
- Do you show symptoms of a cold or a nasal cold, such as a runny nose, light cough or are you running a temperature (not higher than 38 °C or 100 °F)? Stay at home!
- Do you show symptoms of a cold and feel feverish (a temperature higher than 38 °C or 100 °F) and/or are you short of breath? Stay at home! The same applies to members of your family.
We do our utmost to ensure the safety of our visitors to Columbus, Cube and Continium. Our measures at a glance:
- The numbers of visitors to our museums are restricted to make sure that a safe distance to other guests will be maintained. These numbers are based on a required minimum of 10 m2 (107 square feet) of space per person or family; o special hygienic measures are in force at the toilet facilities.
- Disinfection points have been set up at several locations in the museums where you can disinfect your hands. Disinfectants and paper towels are available to wipe contact surfaces;
- There will be floor markings to indicate the safety distance of 1.5 metres at spots where people may be expected to queue;
- There are separate entrances and exits for the various houses. The main entrance is adjacent to the railway station.
- Where necessary, we have introduced one-way routes; o We make use of time slots to ensure that visitors arrive spread out over the day to avoid queueing as much as possible;
- We accept only payments by debit card at the box office, in the museum shop and restaurant.
Practise the measures as set out by the RIVM (cf. NHS):
- Wash your hands after touching things that others before you have touched.
- Wash your hands with water and soap for 20 seconds, dry your hands carefully with a paper towel or use a hand dryer. Discard the paper towel in a refuse bin with lid.
- Wash your hands before leaving, wash again as soon as you get home, when you have blown your nose, before meals and after you have been to the toilet.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Use paper handkerchiefs to blow your nose and discard them in refuse bins with lids.
- Then wash your hands.
- Do not shake hands when you meet people.
- Wear a face mask during your visit.
- Keep a safe distance of 1.5 metres to other people.
- Follow the instructions of our museum staff and keep a safe distance of 1.5 metres to other visitors to reduce the risk of infection to a minimum.
Be amazed by the completely renewed Explore Zone! There are so many new discovery and doing stations that you can get started with. Living, learning, nutrition, working, health: the new Explore Zone also offers you a preview of the future. Are you coming?
Travel into Space
On the way to a new earth. How fantastic is it to travel to a new planet? The new exhibition Traveling in Space immerses you in the world of space travel and science!
Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame is the open depot, or the treasury of Continium. Here the masterpieces from the Continium collection tell their story.
Bring out the technical wizard or scientist in yourself in the Science Lab. Select a Science Box and start your own research & development work. It may not take much for you to come up with a brilliant technical creation. Naturally, you can take the product home!
Brasserie M is closed due to the current corona measures, but has (only on Saterday and Sonday) set up a takeaway kiosk where freshly made, packaged sandwiches, sweets, coffee-to-go and other drinks can be collected. The Collection Kiosk is open on Saterday and Sunday from 12 noon to 4 pm and is only accessible to museum visitors. Please pay with card (contactless). In the entrance area there is also a drink and candy machine where a snack and / or something to drink can be bought with cash.
Please note: at the moment there is no room in the museum to have your own lunch.
Due to the current corona measures, Continium still has a limited access capacity to ensure all visitors can keep a sufficient distance. It is mandatory to buy your tickets online in advance.
In the ticketshop you can select a date when ordering tickets for yourself and your household. After you're inside, you can stay as long as the museum is open (until 17:00). You can do this complimentary to buying your ticket for Continium.
- Entrance fees for children of 5 and older: €13,50
- Free entrance for children up to 4 years of age
- Family ticket: €52,50,-. Valid for two adults (18+) and two or three children under the age of 18 years.
Already in possesion of a special tickets or discount?
All actions as mentioned below will be valid again from Saturday 4th July. It is mandatory to book a spot here for the day you want to visit. You will receive your proof of reservation by e-mail. When you visit, take your reservation receipt and your admission ticket/discount receipt with you and check in at the cash desk. Admission tickets are included:
- Dutch Museumkaart: gratis
- BankGiro Loterij VIP Card
- Accompaniment for people with a disablity
- Combi-ticket Auf ins Museum!/Naar het museum!/next stop: Museum!
- Voucher Rabobank Zuid-Limburg
Current discounts are:
- Year membership GaiaZOO
What measures has Continium taken and what rules are there for me as a visitor? How can I use Brasserie M? Can I also take a seat on the terrace? Can I also come as a group? Can all exhibitions be visited? What do I notice about the measures in the museum? The answer to these and other questions can be found below. They are divided into four categories. Is your question not listed? Mail to info [at] continium.nl or call (urgent) 045 - 567 6050.